The recipe will make about 2 dozen tablespoon size treats.
Here's what you're going to need:
1/2 cup ground flax seed
2/3 cup shredded coconut (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup oats (I like using quick oats for this recipe)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup almond butter
* Toss all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. I start out with forks but sometimes get in there with my hands to make sure everything is coated.
* With these measurements, I find that the mix is a little dry. Feel free to add in extra almond butter and/or honey. Emily at Robust Recipes says you can use whatever nut butter you like, so that may change the consistency of your mix.
* Put the mix in the fridge for about 30 minutes to let everything chill and settle.
* After 30 minutes, I use a tablespoon to help me start forming the balls.
* Store the treats in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Emily says these can be frozen for 3 months as well.
* The past few times that I've made these, I have a little extra of the dry ingredients left in the bowl. I store it in a small container and then use it to top my overnight oats at breakfast- delish!
Let me know how you like these! See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!