I've never been one to enjoy hot oatmeal, but growing up on cold cereal, this is a perfect fit for me. I did some research with these Food Network overnight oat recipes and then was inspired by this chocolate mint brownie variation and cinnamon chocolate chip recipe. After playing with it for a few weeks, I think I have a must-try concoction!
Here's what you're going to need:
A large coffee mug or bowl (You don't have to own a mason jar!)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons shredded coconut
1 teaspoon cacao powder
1 teaspoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon black chia seeds
1 teaspoon cacao sweet nibs (You can use chocolate chips if you prefer.)
1 squeeze of honey
1 sprinkle of cinnamon
1 dash of vanilla
* Combine all ingredients in a large mug/bowl.
* Stir until all ingredients are combined.
* Refrigerate for at least 5 hours. You can store for up to 2 days if desired.
* Stir up the concoction when ready to enjoy.
* Feel free to add fresh fruit, nut butters, or extra toppings and enjoy!
So, let me know in the comments below- how do you like your oats? What are your favorite toppings? If oats aren't your thing, check out my Breakfast Board over on Pinterest. See you back here tomorrow for the Friday Favorites Link-Up!