Hi all! Thanks for joining me for today's recipe! Grab my graphic above, and link up to share your favorite recipe of the week!
Mel at Larson Lingo is one of my absolute favorite bloggers. She has so many great recipes, and she is an amazing party planner, too! One of our family's favorite recipes from Mel is her BLT Salad. It's so darn good and really easy to throw together!
Here's what you're going to need:
Bacon (We have made the switch to uncured bacon and are so much happier!)
Red Wine Vinegar
* Mel also uses avocado and basil. I leave out the avocado because I loathe them, and I didn't have basil the first time I ever made this recipe, and so it's kind of just stayed that way! Feel free to add and take away based on your preferences.
* Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
* Cut up your pound of bacon and lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
* Cook your bacon for approximately 11-15 minutes.
* To make your dressing, mix 1/4 cup of mayonnaise with 1/4 cup of sour cream.
* Next, add 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
* Finally, add 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings and mix all ingredients together.
* Chop up your bacon. I prefer to use kitchen shears to cut up the bacon quickly.
* In a large bowl, mix together the lettuce, chopped tomatoes, croutons, and bacon.
* Portion out your salads, dress, and enjoy!
I hope that you enjoy this salad- it's great for any time of the year! Check out some of my other favorite recipes on my Pinterest boards HERE, and don't forget to link up below to share your favorite recipe of the week. See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!