Hi all! Thanks for joining me for today's recipe! Grab my graphic above and link up to share your favorite recipe of the week!
I've only been making Shay's Lemon Neiman Marcus Bars for about a month, but I've made them 3 times already, and they are AWESOME! If you're wanting one last taste of summer, you've got to try these this weekend!
Here's what you're going to need:
1 box lemon cake mix
1 stick melted butter
4 cups powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
* Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your 9 x 13 pan.
* Combine the lemon cake mix, 2 eggs, and melted butter. It will be thick!
* Spread the mixture into the pan. I try to keep the mixture away from the very edges as it will spread and rise over the topping.
* Then, beat the powdered sugar, 2 eggs, cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Shay adds food coloring at this point, but I like to keep it natural.
* Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cake mix layer.
* Bake 35-40 minutes until the center is set.
* Let the pan cool on the counter for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I recommend waiting at least 8 hours to cut the bars. Shay says you can store the bars in your fridge for up to 2 days. (Just know, they're so delicious, there won't be any bars to store up to 2 days!)
* Slice and enjoy!
I hope that you enjoy these bars! If you're looking for more kid-friendly summery desserts, Bryan at Readers.com has compiled some yummy DIY popsicle recipes that you can check out HERE. Don't forget to link-up with me to share your favorite recipe of the week, and I'll see you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!