Hi all! Thanks for joining me for today's recipe! Grab my graphic above, and link up to share your favorite recipe of the week!
I found this recipe for Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars on Pinterest last fall and started making it around Christmas. Once I started making these, I couldn't/wasn't allowed to stop! I changed up the sugars a little bit from the original recipe, and this is now my most requested dessert- and it's so easy!
Here's what you're going to need:
2 cans crescent rolls (I do recommend sticking with the Pillsbury rolls; I've used store brand rolls, and it doesn't turn out as well.)
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter, melted
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
* Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
* In a 9 x 13 pan, spread out one can of crescent rolls, pinching the seams together.
* In a mixer, mix cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until smooth.
* Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crescent rolls.
* Then, unroll the second can of crescent rolls on top of the cream cheese mixture. Again, pinch the seams together.
* In a small bowl, combine a little under 1/2 cup of sugar, a little less than 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
* Pour your melted butter over the top layer of crescents.
* Then, sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
* Bake for about 30 minutes, until the center isn't too jiggly.
* Cool for over 20 minutes, and then refrigerate.
* Cut into bars after several hours of refrigeration. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Photo from Pillsbury (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product!)
Thanks for joining me today! I hope you enjoy these bars, and don't forget to link up below with your favorite recipe of the week. I'll see you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!