Happy Thursday! Today is my first time to host a link-up, so please join me! Grab my graphic above, link back to me, and share your top recipe pick for the week!
This is my take on Dianne at Delicious As It Looks' Cheesy Baked Quinoa and Spinach recipe. Her recipe will serve 4. My recipe is designed to create 10 portions. I'll cook this up on a Sunday afternoon and portion it out for a week's worth of lunches for Robert and myself. You most certainly can halve my recipe to make for a yummy dinner for the family, too!
Here's what you're going to need:
1 rotisserie chicken
2 cups quinoa
4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 cloves of minced garlic (I use the pre-minced garlic in a jar.)
6 oz. baby spinach
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 package crumbled bacon pieces
3 cups shredded colby jack cheese
* Pull your rotisserie chicken apart, placing all meat in a large bowl.
* Place quinoa and chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, put the lid on the pot and turn to low. Stir every few minutes, and cook for approximately 20 minutes until the quinoa is fully cooked.
* While your quinoa cooks, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
* In a smaller pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add garlic. Add the spinach and saute until wilted. Add your bacon crumbles and reduce heat to low.
* Once the quinoa is fully cooked, mix the spinach and bacon into the quinoa.
* In your chicken bowl, add the milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and about 2 cups of cheese. Stir until combined.
* Mix your spinach bacon quinoa mix into the cheesy chicken bow. Stir until well combined.
* Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and spread your mixture evenly into the pan. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
* After 30 minutes of baking, sprinkle the last cup of cheese on top. Put the pan back in the oven to cook uncovered for about 5 minutes.
* Let your casserole cool before portioning and enjoy your hearty lunches this week!
Link up and share your top recipe of the week! Looking forward to visiting your blogs and trying some of your awesome recipes! See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!