Thanks for joining me today for Try It Thursday! Grab my graphic and link up below to share your favorite recipe of the week. Today is a 2 for 1 special using flank steak in the crockpot!
Night 1: Flank Steak Tacos
Night 2: Flank Steak Nachos
This is a take on a couple of different recipes. I cook the meat following the instructions per Melissa at Bless This Mess. On the second day, I cook the meat following Mel at Larson Lingo's nacho recipe.
* 2 pounds flank steak
* 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
* 1 green bell pepper diced
* 1 yellow onion diced
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* Mix all of the spices together and then rub on the top and bottom of the flank steak.
* Place the seasoned flank steak in the Crock-pot.
* Place the diced jalapeno, onion, and bell pepper on top of the steak.
* Cook for 7-8 hours on low. (This is according to the original recipe. My Crock-pot must cook a little bit warmer/faster, so my steak is usually done after 5 hours.)
* Shred or chop the cooked meat. I find it easier to use for day 2 if it is already chopped.
* Serve in tortillas with toppings for Day 1! :)
* Day 2 nachos: Heat oven to 350 degrees.
* Cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
* Spread out tortilla chips.
* Top with chopped steak.
* Sprinkle with cheese. (You can totally add beans or other toppings that need to be warmed, but I'm a plain Jane and prefer it this way!)
* Top nachos with your favorites, and enjoy! :)
Thanks for joining me today! I'll see you back here for tomorrow's Friday Favorites!