Happy Thursday! Thanks for joining me for today's recipe: Spinach Bacon Pasta! Grab my graphic above, and link-up to share your favorite recipe of the week!
Last year, I decided to try a carbonara dish, minus the eggs. I added spinach, and an instant hit was born. I've maybe made pasta with marinara only once since discovering this dish- that's how much we love it in our house!
Here's what you're going to need:
1 pound of pasta (We use whole grain angel hair.)
1 pound of bacon (We like uncured bacon!)
1 bag of baby spinach
Red pepper flakes
Shredded parmesan cheese
* Heat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place your pound of bacon on the cookie sheet.
* While your oven is heating up, boil a pot of salted water.
* Cook your bacon for about 12-15 minutes and allow to rest.
* Cook your pasta until al dente - about 5 minutes if you're using angel hair. Drain when cooked.
* Chop up your bacon. I like to use kitchen shears to cut up my bacon.
* Turn your stove to medium low. Put a splash of olive oil, some butter, and about 2 minced garlic cloves into the pot. Add your bag of spinach and cook until wilted.
* Next, add your bacon to the mix.
* Add your pasta. Mix everything together and then add as much black pepper, red pepper flakes, and parmesan as you desire!
* Finally, enjoy! This pasta dish is also GREAT when reheated!
Thanks for joining me today! Come back tomorrow for the Friday Favorites link-up- see you soon!