Happy one week 'til Thanksgiving! Thanks for joining me today as I share a family favorite- cornbread dressing! Don't forget to grab my graphic above and link-up below to share your favorite recipe of the week. I grew up on Stove Top, but when I went to Robert's family's Thanksgivings, I instantly fell in love with his Memaw's dressing. You can use any cornbread recipe, but the one I shared last week is pretty delicious, too!
I haven't made it yet this year, so I don't have any current pictures for you, but here's the Roo a few years back helping me out with her Memaw's recipe and one of Aurelia and Trip with their Memaw.
* 2 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix + additional ingredients
* 1 rotisserie chicken
* 1 onion, diced
* 1 bunch celery, diced
* Poultry seasoning
* Black pepper
* ~ 1 cup milk
* ~ 1 cup chicken broth
* Follow directions on the Jiffy cornbread box and make (2) 8" x 8" pans. Let the cornbread cool. (I sometimes make my cornbread the night before I put this dressing together.)
* Tear off meat from the rotisserie chicken.
* Chop onion and celery. (If you're prepping multiple dishes and want to save some time, I sometimes just pick up the pre-diced onion and celery packs in my produce section.)
* Turn your stove to medium high and put some butter in a pot.
* Saute your chicken, and then add your onions and celery.
* Little by little, add crumbles of cornbread.
* Add at least 1 cup of chicken broth, and mix over low heat.
* Sprinkle in some poultry seasoning, a little salt, and black pepper.
* Add at least 1 cup of milk, more if desired.
* Cook on low for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you want some more ideas, check out my favorite turkey recipe via Ina Garten HERE. And, if you're feeling like taking the reigns this holiday season, Alton Brown taught me a few tricks a while back. See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!