Thanks for joining me today for Try It Thursday! Make sure to grab my graphic above and link-up below to share your favorite recipe of the week. This month, I'm sharing recipes that might come in handy for your Thanksgiving meal (or cooler November temps!)
I don't have any pictures of food prep for you this week, but trust me when I tell you that this cornbread rocks! And to top it off, it's really cheap!
* 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
* 1 box Jiffy golden yellow cake mix
* 2 eggs
*1/2 cup cold water
* 1/3 cup milk
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
* In a bowl, mix the two Jiffy mixes, eggs, water, and milk. Sprinkle in white sugar to taste.
* Pour the mixture into the pan and cook for approximately 20 minutes. Poke with a toothpick to test for doneness.
* Store in an airtight container.
This cornbread is a great add-on for any meal, even breakfast! I don't eat chili, but it would make a great compliment. We love to warm it up and serve it with a little bit of butter, too! Come back next week, and I'll show you how to use your cornbread with some Thanksgiving dressing. See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!