Hello 2017! Join me on Thursdays to share your favorite recipe of the week - make sure to link up below! I've been meaning to share this recipe with you for quite some time. One of the teachers I worked with at my first school brought a soup similar to this to lunch one day, and she gave me her recipe. I've tweaked it just a tad, and it is a definite crowd pleaser. If the weather is a little chilly where you are, this soup is sure to keep you warm and happy!
* 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
* 1 red bell pepper, diced
* 32 oz. chicken broth
* 1 envelope taco seasoning
* 1 can Rotel
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* 1 can corn (drained)
* Small yellow onion, diced
* Olive oil
* 1/2 bunch cilantro
* Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot on medium high.
* Throw your diced onion and bell pepper in and cook until the onions are translucent.
* Add in your chicken and cook about 3 - 5 more minutes.
* Add in your Rotel, corn, cream of chicken soup, cilantro, and taco seasoning envelope.
* Mix all ingredients together.
* Add in your chicken broth and stir.
* Cover your pot and turn to low heat. I like to cook my soup for about an hour but you can surely cook it for more or less time.
I like my soup with tortilla strips, some cheese, and a spoonful of sour cream. Robert adds guacamole and salsa to his.
Mix it all together and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this soup all winter long! I'm back tomorrow for Friday Favorites- hope to see you soon!