Happy Thursday! Are you ready for another cozy meal that's crazy easy to make? I present to you, Crock-pot Baked Potato Soup! I found this recipe from Cara at Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour a few years back, and it's been on heavy rotation in our house whenever it's cold outside. We've added some garlic powder and more onion to the recipe that Cara shared, and it's comfort in a bowl!
* 1 bag of frozen hash browns
* 42 ounces of chicken broth
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* 1 small yellow onion, diced
* Garlic powder to taste
* Pepper to taste
* 1 block of cream cheese, softened (not fat-free)
* Put all ingredients except the cream cheese into your Crock-pot. Stir together and heat on low for 6-8 hours.
* When you have an hour left before serving, spoon in softened cream cheese and stir the soup.
* Continue to heat on low for another hour.
* I like to serve my soup with sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon crumbles, and green onions. This recipe will make approximately 6.5 - 7 cups of soup. I divide up the cooked soup to have for 2 nights of dinner.
I'll be back tomorrow with Friday Favorites! Make sure to link-up below with your favorite recipe of the week! See you soon!