Hi! Today I'm sharing my take on The Pioneer Woman's Italian Sloppy Joes. I've made her version from scratch, and it's great! However, if you don't have a lot of time to get dinner on the table, try my version. I grew up on Prego sauce, and over the years, I've grown to not love it so much. We've tried Emeril's sauce and didn't like it, either. We're liking the Barilla sauce now, but if you have suggestions, please let me know in the comments!
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 small yellow onion, diced
* Olive oil
* Italian seasonings
* Garlic powder
* Crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 jar marinara sauce (We used Barilla Traditional Marinara.)
* Garlic toast (We used New York Texas Toast.)
* Heat a dash of olive oil over medium high and saute the diced onion.
* At this time, you will probably want to turn your oven on as the garlic toast requires a high temperature.
* Add your ground beef to brown.
* Drain the meat and return to the pan. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste.
* Add a jar of marinara sauce and heat until bubbling.
* While the meat and sauce are cooking, pop your toast into the oven.
* When your toast is done, assemble your sandwiches! We usually load our beef on top of a piece of toast and then throw on some mozzarella and parmesan. If that makes your toast too soggy, you can always do what Ari does and eat yours in a bowl with the toast torn up on top. Enjoy!
See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!