Happy Thursday, friends! Thanks for stopping by today for a super quick and super easy recipe: Oven Baked Tilapia. Tilapia is super cheap and pretty healthy, but it's usually pretty bland. I don't know how to use the outdoor grill, and I hate to make Robert grill everything for me. A few years ago, I found a recipe for baked tilapia with oranges and asparagus. We make that every once in a while, but here's a super basic recipe that you can put next to any side or salad.
A real quick note: I know a lot of people are opposed to tilapia because it's a bottom feeder and there are issues with fish from China. I recently found Regal Springs tilapia loins at my HEB grocery store, and I find these to be much tastier than your typical cheap cut of fish. You can read more about the brand HERE to see if it is something you'd serve to your family.
* Tilapia loins
* Olive oil
* Tony Chachere's seasoning
* Parchment paper
* Additional seasoning if desired
* Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
* On a baking sheet, lay out parchment paper squares for however many loins you'll be cooking.
* Put a loin on each paper square.
* Drizzle with olive oil.
* Sprinkle with seasoning. (Here's where you could add orange slices, veggies, and/or additional seasonings like garlic, pepper, or lemon juice.)
* Wrap up each of your paper packs.
* Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
* Remove the loins from the packets and serve with sides such as asparagus, quinoa, or a salad.
This simple meal can be ready within 40 minutes of arriving home from work, and it's an easy addition to any of you who aren't eating meat during Lent. Don't forget to link-up below to share your favorite recipe of the week, and make sure to stop by and visit with other bloggers. I hope you enjoy this dish, and please stop by tomorrow for my Friday Favorites!