A friend recently texted me that there are only four more weeks until spring break, and I could not be happier (or more desperate) for this break! I'm sharing a shrimp pasta dish that I make for my boys based on THIS recipe from Damn Delicious. They love it, and I'm sure I would too if I still ate shrimp (gives me horrible migraines). This would make a great Friday night dish for any of you who observe Lent. And, I know we're super late to the game, but we started using Tony Chachere's recently and sprinkle that on EVERYTHING! Link-up with me to share your favorite recipe of the week, and I hope you enjoy this dish!
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 pound thawed deveined shrimp (tails off at our house!)
* 3 cloves minced garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* ~ 1/4 cup lemon juice (I use just a bit less)
* Tony Chachere's
* 1 box of pasta, cooked (We like mini farfalle.)
* Parmesan cheese
* Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet on medium high.
* Add 3 cloves of minced garlic and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
* Add shrimp, and cook 2-3 minutes until pink.
* Stir in 1/4 cup chicken broth and a little less than 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
* Season to taste with salt, pepper, and Tony Chachere's.
* Bring to a simmer.
* Add pasta.
* Top with parmesan. My boys like to add a little more red pepper flakes.
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit the other bloggers to get ideas for great meals! See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!