Hi there! Brunch, baby shower, and wedding shower season is upon us my friends! This is not my recipe at all- it's the fabulous Barefoot Contessa's. If you need a light cookie to serve or give out as a shower favor, Ina's cinnamon elephant ears aka palmiers are super easy and tasty to boot! Scroll on down and see how easy this pastry is to make!
* 1 cup sugar
* Kosher salt (I used sea salt.)
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 sheet of defrosted puff pastry
* Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
* Pour 1/2 cup of sugar onto your work surface. I usually put down wax paper or parchment paper first. Sprinkle a little bit of salt onto the sugar.
* Open up your puff pastry sheet on top of the sugar.
* In a bowl, mix together another 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
* Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture all over the puff pastry.
* You can either use your rolling pin directly onto the pastry, or if you're like me and like to keep things clean, put a piece of parchment paper on top of the pastry and roll it out.
* Roll the pastry into a square approximately 13 inches.
* Fold the edges about 1/3 of the way in.
* Fold those edges another 1/3 of the way in so they meet in the middle.
* Fold one half on top of the other.
* Ina says to cut the dough into 3/8 inch sections. You can cut as thick or thin as you want. I cut my dough so that it makes approximately 15 cookies.
* Lay the cookies flat onto a parchment lined cookie sheet so you can visibly see the heart shape.
* Bake the cookies for about 6 minutes or until they are brown on the bottom.
* Pull the cookies out of the oven and flip over. Return to the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes.
* Store in an airtight container. These will keep for about 4 days.
*** Did you see my ugly batch in the pictures? If your sugar carmelized more than you'd like, get out your cheese grater or microplane and scrape off any unwanted parts. Nobody will know!
Thanks for stopping by today! View all of my Try It Thursday recipes on their designated Pinterest page! Make sure you link-up below and stop by to visit the other bloggers. See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!