Hello foodie friends! Thanks so much for stopping by today as I share one of my chica's favorite recipes: macaroni and cheese! I think I'm going to share all of the pictures first, and then I'll have all of the ingredients and directions at the bottom of the post. Does that work for you? Let me know!
Aurelia has yet to meet a noodle she didn't like, so she and I searched for a homemade macaroni to try out. THIS recipe from Cooking A La Mel looked enticing, and we thought it would be good to try with the Greek yogurt. In a happy accident, I picked up Barilla Pronto elbow shells. I didn't realize that you cook these without having to drain them, and if you're in a rush, these shells will work out great! Ari would be happy to eat the macaroni on its own, but I decided to "mom it up" and throw in some broccoli and bacon. You could definitely try it with spinach, asparagus, carrots - whatever floats your boat!
Scroll through my amazing photographs to get the ingredients and directions, and enjoy!
* 1 box of pasta (We used Barilla Pronto elbow shells.)
* 2 cups of freshly grated cheese (We used cheddar, colby jack, and parmesan.)* 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Vegetables (We used broccoli.)
* Bacon crumbles
* Cook your pasta according to the box directions and drain. Reserve about 1/4 cup of pasta water if you are using traditional pasta.
* Either microwave or saute any veggies you are planning to use while the pasta is cooking.
* After draining the pasta, add the 1/4 cup of pasta water back into the pot.
* Stir in all of your freshly grated cheese and stir to melt.
* Add in the Greek yogurt and all seasonings.
* Stir in any veggies or add-ons like bacon crumbles.
Thanks for stopping by and linking up with me today! Just a quick note that next Thursday, I'm going to be writing about my birthday girl instead of hosting the Try It Thursday link-up. But, make sure you join me and the ladies from Moms' Coffee Date on Thursday, March 16th to share your best Crock-pot recipe! I'm back tomorrow with some Friday Favorites- see you soon!