Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for another week of Try It Thursday! I'm having a super crazy end of the year, so I need to slack off on this post today, but before I got busy, I had actually planned for today to be a repost because the recipe gets gobbled up everywhere it's taken.
I'm talking about the Lemon Neiman Marcus Bars! You can view the original post HERE, but I decided to write it up again in the format I've been using lately. These are perfect for spring and summer baby/wedding showers or even an outdoor BBQ. Besides being delicious, they're super simple to make. Scroll on down for the directions!
* 1 box lemon cake mix
* 4 eggs
* 1 stick melted butter
* 4 cups powdered sugar
* 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
* 1 tablespoon lemon zest
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your 9 x 13 pan.
* Combine the lemon cake mix, 2 eggs, and melted butter. It will be thick!
* Spread the mixture into the pan. I try to keep the mixture away from the very edges as it will spread and rise over the topping.
* Then, beat the powdered sugar, 2 eggs, cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. You can add food coloring at this point, but I like to keep it natural.
* Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cake mix layer.
* Bake 35-40 minutes until the center is set.
* Let the pan cool on the counter for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I recommend waiting at least 8 hours to cut the bars. You can store the bars in your fridge for up to 2 days. (Just know, they're so delicious, there won't be any bars to store up to 2 days!)
* Slice and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite lemon dessert? I'm hoping to make a lemon bundt soon! Don't forget to link-up to share your favorite recipe of the week, and make sure to stop by the other blogs to say hello! I'll see you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!