Hi! Thanks for joining me for today's Try It Thursday! Make sure you grab my graphic and link-up below to share your favorite recipe of the week. Today, I'm sharing my take on one of the first recipes I ever pinned on Pinterest!
Robert has always loved cobbler, so when I found THIS recipe from Tide and Thyme, I knew I had to try it. The only problem was that the recipe called for fresh peaches to make your own pie filling, and I just wasn't loving that idea. I also knew that Robert loved cherries, so I headed to the grocery store's baking aisle and picked up cans of cherry and peach pie filling.
Not only is this an easy recipe, it is a crowd-pleaser. You can satisfy your cherry people, your peach people, AND your people who like them both! Scroll down for the ingredients and recipe!
* 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
* 1 cup of flour
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 Tablespoon of baking powder
* Pinch of salt
* 1 cup of milk
* Lemon juice
* 21 oz. can of peach pie filling
* 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling
* Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
* Melt the butter and pour into a 13" x 9" baking dish.
* In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk. Throw in a squeeze or two of lemon juice. I like to sprinkle cinnamon into the mix at this time as well.
* Pour the mixture into the baking dish, on top of the butter. Do NOT stir!
* Put your pie fillings into the dish. Again, do NOT stir!
* Sprinkle more cinnamon on top if desired.
* Bake uncovered for 40 - 45 minutes.
* Serve with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!
Don't forget that you can find all of my Try It Thursday recipes on THIS Pinterest page!
Link-up below, and stop by the other bloggers' sites to say hello! See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!