Thanks for joining me today for another round of Try It Thursday! Make sure you grab my logo and link-up below to share your favorite recipe of the week!
After a long work week, I am usually dying to go out and eat a bottomless bowl of chips and queso. However, the reality is that going out to eat is expensive, the kids have swim team until 7:15, and I'm too worn out to wait for a table somewhere. One of our favorite taco places is Torchy's Tacos. Besides the awesome variety of tacos, they also make a mean queso. I searched all over Pinterest and found THIS recipe from The Devilish Dish blog. It's not exactly the same, but it's mighty tasty!
Scroll through the pictures for the recipe below!
* 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese
* 1/2 cup fire roasted salsa (We use the Arriba! brand.)
* 2 oz. hatch chopped green chiles
* 1 1/4 Tablespoons heavy cream
* Hot sauce (We use Cholula.)
* 1-2 Tablespoons queso fresco cheese
* 1 Tablespoon diced cilantro
* 1 Tablespoon diced tomato
* Guacamole if desired
* Put the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
* Add the Velveeta and stir until melted.
* Add in a dash of cumin, the salsa, and green chiles.
* Stir all ingredients until hot and combined.
* Pour the queso into a serving bowl and top with hot sauce, queso fresco, cilantro, diced tomatoes, and a spoonful of guacamole, if desired.
* Mix all ingredients together when ready to eat and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
This will feed about 4 people. Robert and I ate it for dinner one night and only finished half; it reheated nicely for a snack the next day.
You may have noticed that I totally forgot to pour hot sauce all over my queso- whoops! If you want something mild, then you can totally omit it and it'll still be delicious. I doubled this recipe at Christmas and made separate bowls of queso with and without the guacamole added in. It's definitely a crowd-pleaser, so if you have any fiestas coming up, try this- you won't be disappointed!
Don't forget that all of my Try It Thursday recipes can be found on one Pinterest page! Make sure you stop by the other blogs to say hello, and I'll see you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!