Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for another week of Try It Thursday! Make sure you link-up below to share your favorite recipe of the week!
I started making THIS pasta salad recipe last summer, and it has been a hit in our house ever since. It is super easy to make and will easily feed a crowd at your next neighborhood get-together! The recipe I am sharing with you today is half of what the original calls for and will still feed my family of 4 for 2 meals. Scroll on down for the directions!
* 1/2 pound pasta (Mini bowtie, rotini, or get crazy and do both!)
* 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing (We use Kraft.)
* 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing (Again, we use Kraft.)
* 1/2 pound fried bacon, crumbled
* 1 tomato, diced (We use about 8-10 angel sweet tomatoes.)
* Romaine lettuce, diced (I sometimes make this without lettuce, especially if I want to eat the pasta again the next day. I'd say use as much or as little lettuce as you like.)
* 1/3 cup red onion, diced
* Shredded parmesan cheese (This isn't in the original recipe, but we love adding it to our pasta!)
* Boil your pasta per directions on pasta box.
* While cooking your pasta, fry up your bacon. I cook mine on a parchment lined cookie sheet in the oven for 10-13 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
* Drain your pasta and rinse with cold water.
* Once your bacon is cooled, cut it up with kitchen shears.
* In a large bowl, mix together your Italian dressing and ranch dressing.
* Add in your pasta and stir until well coated.
* Throw in your tomato slices, bacon crumbles, red onion, lettuce, a dash of salt, a dash of pepper, and some parmesan cheese.
* Cover and keep in the fridge up to 48 hours.
Do you have a favorite summer time side? Tell me in the comments below, and make sure to link-up and stop by the other bloggers. I'll see you back here tomorrow for another round of Friday Favorites!
Don't forget that you can view all of my Try It Thursday recipes on one Pinterest page!