Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for another week of Try It Thursday! Make sure you link-up below to share your favorite recipe of the week.
We are so excited to travel to St. Louis this summer to visit family, but I'm also really looking forward to the food! If you only ate in my Nana's kitchen without actually meeting her, you'd assume she was Italian instead of German.
I grew up eating lots of mostaccioli, thin crust pizza, and my favorite, toasted raviolis! About 12 years ago, Nana sent me the fettuccine alfredo recipe for a yummy restaurant in St. Louis called Gianino's. I've been making it ever since, and if you're looking for a creamy pasta dish that goes with chicken, shrimp, or salmon, this is it! Scroll down for the recipe.
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 2 cloves minced garlic
* 1 pint heavy whipping cream of half and half
* 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
* 1 pound pasta (You can used fettuccine noodles, but my husband and kids love noodles with little crannies to soak up all of the sauce. We made it recently with penne pasta, but any noodle will do!)
* In a saucepan, combine and stir all of the ingredients over medium high heat.
* Stir often for 20 - 25 minutes until the sauce thickens.
* Boil your pasta according to the box directions while your sauce is thickening.
* Drain your pasta, and then toss the sauce and noodles together.
* Serve this as is or add in some grilled chicken, boiled shrimp, or fish.
***This will serve a family of 4 once with a generous portion of leftovers for someone (or two) to have for lunch the next day!
Do you have a favorite recipe that your grandma shared with you? Tell me about it in the comments below, and make sure to stop by the other bloggers! I'll see you tomorrow for another round of Friday Favorites, and don't forget to check out ALL of my Try It Thursday recipes on THIS Pinterest page! See you soon!