Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for another week of Try It Thursday! Make sure you link-up below to share your favorite recipe of the week.
The kids and I love The Pioneer Woman. Ari even has a stuffed basset hound named Charlie! Last fall, we watched an episode where Ree made orange mini muffins for her brother. Trip and I love citrus flavoring in baked goods, so this recipe was right up our alley! We made some changes to the recipe to fit our tastes, and they have become super easy to prepare for brunches or breakfasts. Scroll down for our version of the recipe!
* 1 stick softened butter
* ~ 1/2 cup sugar
* ~ 1/8 cup brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* zest of 1 orange
* 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
* Heat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a mini-muffin pan.
* Cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together. I use just under a 1/2 cup of sugar and then fill up the rest of the measuring cup with brown sugar.
* Beat in the egg.
* Add the flour and mix.
* Dissolve the baking soda into your buttermilk. Add this to your batter and continue to mix.
* Zest the orange into the mixture and add chocolate chips. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
* Spoon the mixture into the greased pan and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.
* Cool the muffins on a rack and store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
***This will make approximately 2 dozen mini muffins.
What is your favorite breakfast muffin? Tell me in the comments below, and make sure to stop by the other bloggers. I'll see you back here tomorrow for another round of Friday Favorites, and don't forget to check out all of my Try It Thursday recipes on THIS Pinterest page. See you soon!