Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for another week of Try It Thursday! Make sure you link up below to share your favorite recipe of the week.
Do you have one of those pizza your way restaurants? I've been to our local MOD Pizza twice in the past year, and I'm just not impressed. When I found Lauren's recipe for pizza dough, I knew I had to give it a try. Today's recipe is simply a reshare of Lauren's recipe, but I think you'll love using it to make your own pizzas and bread sticks! Scroll down for the recipe!
* 3 cups bread flour
* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 Tablespoon honey
* 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (I use Fleischmann's.)
* 1 cup warm water
* You will need a stand mixer with a dough hook.
* In the mixer's bowl, stir the yeast and honey into the warm water and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
* Mix in the salt and olive oil.
* Add 1 1/2 cups of bread flour and mix.
* Add the rest of the bread flour into the mix slowly until everything is incorporated. Lauren says the dough should be tacky but not sticky.
* Turn the mixer to medium speed for 6 minutes. The bowl will basically be clean by the time your dough has finished kneading.
* You can now divide the dough and freeze it for later or keep it in one bowl.
* Pour a little bit of olive oil in a bowl and grease your dough ball.
* Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for 2 hours.
* Use the dough to make your favorite pizzas or bread sticks, and enjoy!
*** This recipe will make 2 medium sized pizzas. I have frozen the dough before, and it keeps just fine. To make pizza and breadsticks, you can turn your oven to 500 degrees and put your favorite pizzas in for about 6-8 minutes. My boys love pepperoni with sausage, and Ari and I like to make alfredo cheese pizza.
Alfredo cheese pizza
Garlic & cheese breadsticks
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Tell me in the comments below, and make sure to stop by the other bloggers. I'll see you back here tomorrow for another round of Friday Favorites, and don't forget to check out all of my Try It Thursday recipes on THIS Pinterest page. See you soon!