Happy Thursday! Thanks for joining me for another week of Try It Thursday! Make sure you link up below to share your favorite recipe of the week.
I've always loved eating chicken drumsticks from Popeye's Chicken, but making my own fried chicken? Forget it! I was watching The Pioneer Woman one weekend, and Ree showed how to make spicy roasted chicken legs. Let me tell you something- there are 2 things I love about chicken legs: they're cheap as all get out and that dark meat is scrumptious! If you need a low cost and low effort meal that's perfect for a school night or a dinner by the pool, then make these! Scroll down for the recipe.
* Package of chicken drumsticks (My store sells them in groups of 5.)
* 3/4 stick of butter, melted
* Lemon juice (about 2-4 squeezes from a bottle or juice of 1 lemon)
* 2 cloves minced garlic
* Tony Chachere's seasoning
* Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
* Lay foil out on a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
* Wash your chicken legs and then pat dry with paper towels.
* Melt butter in a bowl.
* Add garlic, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and some Tony C's seasoning to your melted butter and stir.
* Dip each of the legs in the mixture, ensuring you completely cover both sides.
* Bake the legs for 15 minutes.
* After 15 minutes, turn the legs and coat with the remaining butter and seasoning mixture.
* Bake the legs for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.
* Remove from the oven, and enjoy!
What is one of your easy go-to weeknight dinners? Tell me in the comments below, and make sure to stop by the other bloggers. I'll see you back here tomorrow for another round of Friday Favorites, and don't forget to check out all of my Try It Thursday recipes on THIS Pinterest page. See you soon!