Happy Thursday! Thanks for joining me for another week of Try It Thursday- I feel like I haven't shared a recipe in weeks. Make sure you link up below to share your favorite recipe of the week.
Today, I'm sharing a super easy chicken and rice casserole. I found the recipe at Plain Chicken a few years back, and I make it on request for the husband a few times a year. This certainly is not a healthy recipe, but it's hearty and fairly cheap. I like to make it on a Sunday afternoon to warm up for a Monday night "We survived the first day back" dinner. Scroll down for the recipe!
* 1 box of Rice a Roni OR 1 package of Knorr Chicken Rice + ingredients to prepare
* 1 rotisserie chicken
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* French fried onions
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* Prep your chicken rice according to the package directions. (Note: I originally used Rice a Roni, but we're a Knorr rice family, so I've started making this with that rice instead. Basically, any rice you want to use will work.)
* While the rice is cooking, shred up your rotisserie chicken.
* Once the rice is finished, add the soup and sour cream to the rice and stir to mix.
* Add the chicken to the rice, and stir once more.
* Spray a 9" x 13" pan.
* Add the chicken and rice mixture to the pan and bake for 30 minutes. (Note: The recipe says to sprinkle the mixture with the French fried onions and then bake. I actually think it is a lot tastier to bake the mixture first and then sprinkle the onions on when ready to serve.)
* After 30 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with French fried onions to serve.
Does your spouse have an often requested dinner? Share about it in the comments below, and make sure to stop by the other blogs to say hello! Don't forget that you can view all of my Try It Thursday recipes HERE! I'll see you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites- have a fabulous day!