Hi! Our summer is quickly coming to an end, and we're trying to keep our weeks fairly simple and low-key. Ari had other plans this past Tuesday!
Our awesome friend and stylist, Astoria, invited Ari to be a back to school hair model for the local news!
I had to go to work that day, so Robert and Trip took Ari to the news station. I think they may have had more fun than Ari!
Robert said everyone was really nice, and I know it is an experience they will all remember! You can check out Ari's "modeling debut" HERE!
Later in the week, I stopped into Marshalls and felt like I had hit the jackpot! I found Under Armour sneakers for only $25 for Ari! I picked up two pairs to see which size was best. I got home, had her put on socks to do try-ons, and quickly remembered that I haven't taught my child to tie her shoes yet! #momfail
On Thursday, we cooked and baked a bunch! We made Mel's potato salad and Erin's strawberry shortcakes!
I did some magazine reading, and I like this tip about working with sugar cookies:
After 13 whole days of not stepping foot into a Target, I got to go! Woohoo! Remember how I've been telling you that they're replacing Merona and Mossimo? Well, the location I went to had already started discounting the Merona and was putting out one of the new brands. It looked VERY similar to Merona, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief!
We relaxed on Friday night and watched Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. You can read my favorite family movie night picks HERE! I love my new blinds in the living room that are keeping the house much cooler during these tough Houston summers.
Earlier this summer, I shared a tour of our living room and mentioned how I wanted to paint our coffee table. I finally did! Check out the finished product:
I used the Valspar Chalky Paint system and found it really easy to work with.
I'm not much of a Walmart shopper, but I needed to look for a few things, so I went super early on Saturday morning to avoid any run-ins with the people of Walmart!
When I got home, I made pancakes with the leftover Bisquick mix from the strawberry shortcakes. I had never used Bisquick for pancakes, and now, I won't use anything but this! Everyone liked the pancakes, and they were so much easier to cook up than other mixes.
Trip was not up for lots of pictures this week! He wouldn't let me snap him doing his daily workout- he's on a fitness kick and "pumping iron" to prep for 3rd grade! A few weeks ago, I picked up a crystal growing kit for him, so on Saturday, we started the process. Fingers crossed that it actually works!
Before swimming, I used up the leftover cake mix and Cool Whip we had on hand and made cake mix crinkle cookies to fill up the cookie jar!
Ari and I had stopped at Jo-Ann's earlier in the day to get fabric for my bulletin boards, and she got a spool of paw print ribbon to make leashes for some of her pups.
On Sunday, we hit up the grocery store and did some meal prep for this week. I also finished up my chores using lots of my favorite Method products!
And, since we had a pretty tame week, I'm linking up with the ladies of The Blended Blog to answer some fun end of summer questions!
1) Pool, lake, or ocean? Ocean! I love to read in the waves!
2) Camping, cottage, or hotel? Hotel - I'm definitely a snob about it.
3) Favorite ice cream flavor? I don't eat ice cream anymore, but if I did, I love mint chocolate chip.
4) PJs, nightgown, t-shirts/shorts, or birthday suit? PJs, AND I have been going through a phase of wearing socks to bed too! I know I'm going to get hate mail for that one! :)
5) Fave summer beverage? Ice cold water!
6) Would you rather be hot or cold? Hot- I hate cold weather and snow.
7) Sandals with heels or flats? I live in flip flops.
8) Shorts or skirts? Shorts- I have at least 10 "nice" shorts!
9) Sit in the sun or the shade? Both- start in the sun, move to the shade
10) Water, tea, or soda? Water- I don't like iced tea, and I don't drink soda.
11) Fave summer fruit/vegetable? I love pineapple and Granny Smith apples. We're on a red potato kick lately, too.
12) Sunrise or sunset? Both! I loved watching the sunrise last year on my way to work, but I definitely love watching the sunset on summer evenings.
13) Bike ride or walk? I love going on walks, but I really wish I had a bike to ride with the kids.
14) Winery or brewery? Neither- I don't drink alcohol.
15) Garden or no garden? Garden, but I have a black thumb and can even kill a cactus! :(
16) Big summer concert or music in the park? I love concerts, but it would be fun to have music in the park!
17) Fave cookout food? My salsa!
18) Dine indoors or patio? Both- We were better at eating by the pool in June, but I think we've moved inside lately due to the higher temperatures.
19) Fave summer destination? I love heading to the beach!
20) Big theme park or local carnival? Neither? Although I am excited about our trip to Disney World next summer!
21) Drinks blended or on the rocks? Blended? I want to try that frozen lemonade from Sonic!
22) Popsicle or freezie flavor of your choice? Haven't had one in forever, but I do like the Yasso bars.
23) Hot dog or hamburger? Hamburger- we've been having fun by trying a different restaurant copycat every time we grill burgers!
Was anything shocking to you, or do you already know me too well? I need your suggestions please! I got a coupon for Kohl's, and I haven't been there since I was in high school. Do you shop there? Are there any brands I need to check out there? Please share! I hope you have a great week ahead of you! See you back here tomorrow!