Oh my gosh, you guys! Some of you are already back in school! My first official day back to work is tomorrow, and the kids start back in two weeks. We've got dance, soccer, and 4H practice lined up for the fall, so I've got easy meal planning on the brain.
I love perusing Pillsbury's website for quick meals and desserts. In the spring, I found THIS recipe, and it was an instant hit. The recipe calls for chicken breast halves, but I think tenderloins are a lot simpler to use. I also think that veggies tend to get a little soggy in the packs, so I do like to cook my veggies separately. I love those microwave veggie packs- they're awesome time savers! If you're in the midst of meal planning for back to school, give this ranch chicken a try! Scroll down for the recipe!
* 1 - 1.5 pounds of chicken tenderloins
* Salt & pepper to taste
* ~1 cup of shredded cheese
* Bacon crumbles (You can make them fresh or go easy and use prepackaged.)
* 3-6 Tablespoons ranch dressing
* Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
* Get out as many sheets of foil that you need to portion out your chicken. (I do 3 portions and split one of the portions for the kids, but you can certainly do more portions if needed.)
* Lightly spray the foil sheets with cooking spray.
* Season your chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper or any other seasonings you desire.
* Place the tenderloins in the middle of each foil sheet. (I do about 2-3 per sheet.)
* Spread 1-2 tablespoons of ranch dressing over the chicken.
* Top the chicken with cheese and bacon crumbles. (Pillsbury recommends 1/3 cup of cheese and 1 Tablespoon of bacon, but you can definitely do less.)
* Close up the foil packs, and place them on a cookie sheet.
* Bake for 30 minutes.
* Let the packs rest for approximately 5 minutes.
* Serve with veggies, rice, or quinoa. Enjoy!
What is your favorite go-to chicken recipe? Tell me in the comments below, and make sure to link-up and share your favorite recipe of the week!