Happy Thursday! I'm so happy to head back to work today after a typical weekend turned into a 12 day break. The kids will finally start back to school on Monday, so I'm going to whip up an easy back to school treat to celebrate. I've shared my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe before, and while I love cookies, I love turning the recipe into bar form- it makes a small bite seem a little more substantial. Scroll down for the recipe!
* 1 and 1/8 cups flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 softened stick of butter
* ~1/3 cup sugar (or 1/4 + 1/8 cup)
* ~1/3 cup packed brown sugar (or 1/4 + 1/8 cup)
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg
* A little over 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
* Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
* Beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg until mixed.
* Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
* Add in your chocolate chips and mix.
* Grease an 8" square pan. Add the cookie dough to the pan.
* Bake for ~20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
* Let the cookie cake cool and cut into squares. An 8" pan will give you approximately 16 medium size bars or 25 mini bars.
What do your kids love for an after-school sweet? Tell me in the comments below, and make sure you check out the recipes from the other bloggers. Don't forget that you can check out all of the Try It Thursday recipes HERE! See you back here for Friday Favorites!